Monday, April 14, 2008

One snowy b-day

You might be wondering why I am posting a blurry picture of Erich, but it was snowing so hard that I couldn't get a clear picture. Erich hasn't had too many snowy birthdays so this is a picture of him and Libby celebrating his b-day in the snow! The weather here is crazy, it snowed for weeks straight then we had 3 sunshiny days that were 70 degrees and bam, back to snow again today...like 4 inches and still snowing kind of snow!
This is a hike Erich and I went on to get out of the house and to celebrate the sunshine. It's beautiful, steep country right off the Clearwater river (about 2o minutes from our house). We started from the base of the mountains you can see in the background so as you can tell it was a a pretty big, fun hike.
This is a picture from one of the viewpoints we stopped at so I could rest.

3 comments:

New Mexican Youngs said...

Well Happy belated birthday Erich, hope you didn't freeze. Hope the eyes are perfect now. Kara hope you are feeling well. It is good to see that some people are geeting out and doing some hiking - my only question is did you pick up any sheds?-)

Jeff and Lea said...

Happy Birthday Erich! Hope you enjoyed your snowy day. The hike looks so fun. To your earlier comment, I will change the diapers. I am a pro at it you know. Talk to you later.

Johnson Family said...

Happy Birthday Erich!! I can't believe it is still snowing there. Those pics of the hike are beautiful. It sure is pretty up in your neck of the woods.:) How is the eye sight Erich?