Saturday, August 29, 2009

The summer goes by too fast!

Life has been crazy busy lately. I decided to take one last vacation before starting work. As usual my trip involved Montana and boating! It is so pretty in Montana, I don't seem to want to go anywhere else.



(I am one happy girl in this pic; there is just something so peaceful and relaxing about boating at night)


(we were laying on the boat catching some rays when I looked over and saw this moose eating...it was pretty fun watching it).

Jake adapts just fine to my vacation style. He definitely loves the boat. His favorite spot is on the back where he can watch the tubers/skiers.

It is nice to get Jake around his cousins and grandparents. My brother has a boy who is only 1 year older (Leyton) and the two of them are already trouble!



(Jake playing with his cousins' fishing rod)

After MT I met up with some good college friends in Pallisades. One of my friends' has a cabin there. It was an awesome weekend of relaxation, a perfect way to live up my last weekend before starting work. We had so much fun boating, staying up playing games, cooking dutch oven, etc. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics, which is a shame because it was gorgeous.
So that covers the PLAY part of my life...now for the WORK part.
My first week of work was awesome! It is really fun to be back at work and the firm is as great as I was hoping for.
And speaking of work Erich has been traveling for fires, hence the all Kara/Jake post. Thankfully summer is winding up and we'll be seeing more of Erich here soon.

4 comments:

Jason and Amy Smith said...

Kara! Man, that makes me soooo homesick for MT. I'm going back in September for a motorcycle race, hunting, family reunion, and Angie's baby. Can't wait. Hey we made our blog private but I sent an invite to one of your email accts... if it's not the right one, email me and let me know which one you blog with. Glad to hear all is well... miss you dude!

Susan said...

Wow.. . sounds like you had an eventful summer! Fun that you are working at such a great law firm to work for. We are missing you in the Grangeville Ward!

Johnson Family said...

Kara sounds like you have been having lots of fun. How much will you be working? What did you decide to do with little Jake? I love his smile. We need to plan a get together sometime before the weather gets too bad.

Unknown said...

jake is getting so big! seems like i havent seen you in forever even though its only been since july. its boring here in grangeville since you left. miss you guys!!!!